23 December 2009

The White House Strong Arm Comes Down On Stupak: Another Democrat Protesting The Senate Bill

A transcript of CNSNews.com's interview with Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) follows below:

CNSNews.com: "Now, I understand that you were in contact with the White House or the White [House] was in contact with you, I guess over the weekend. What kinds of pressure are you under, let me ask you that?"

Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.): "Well, from the House leadership or the White House – a lot of pressure. They think I shouldn’t be expressing my views on this bill until they get a chance to try to sell me the language. Well, I don’t need anyone to sell me the language. I can read it. I’ve seen it. I’ve worked with it. I know what it says. I don’t need to have a conference with the White House. I have the legislation in front of me here."

-------

Add Rep. Bart Stupak to the list of lefties i agree with and support to stop the senate bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment