03 November 2009

A Perfect Example of The Lib Media

On Friday msLSD host Rachel Maddow covered a quote from sen. Joe Lieberman. She talked about how he called Obama a marxist. It was certainly interesting for viewers. It was also a lie. the so called journalist, only showed part of the clip and cut off mid thought during a Lieberman response to a question.



MADDOW: That was in addition to Senator Lieberman campaigning against the Democratic nominee for president, which entailed him saying things like this.

CLIP:

ANDREW NAPOLITANO, FOX NEWS POLITICAL ANALYST: Is he a Marxist, as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today's “New York Times?”

LIEBERMAN: Well, you know, I must say that‘s a good question.

Maddow then says that Lieberman called the president a Marxist. But I remembered this exchange (it was reported by ThinkProgress and...no one else), and Maddow has hacked off part of Napolitano's question and most of Lieberman's answer. Here is the original:

NAPOLITANO: Hey Sen. Lieberman, you know Barack Obama, is he a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today’s New York Times? Is he an elitist like your colleague Hillary Clinton says he is?

LIEBERMAN: Well, you know, I must say that’s a good question. I know him now for a little more than three years since he came into the Senate and he’s obviously very smart and he’s a good guy. I will tell ya that during this campaign, I’ve learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came ideologically. And I wouldn’t…I’d hesitate to say he’s a Marxist, but he’s got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America.


Ahh the liberal media does it again. They never fail to amuse me.

1 comment:

  1. lieberman is very credible. claiming he'd never vote for a public option in order to gain support for his bills from reid. Then going back to saying its ok. what a credible honest source of opinion.

    ReplyDelete